Thursday, March 31, 2022

I LIke Thursday # 130 ~ 1st Flower of Spring 2022


The first crocus in our yard announcing spring for 2022


The first flower of spring is always much anticipated in The Scrapatch.

I watch for it for weeks, as soon as the ground begins to thaw.

It has kept me waiting this year.



Earlier this week we awoke to find snow again dusting our yard.

Spring has been creeping very slowly to our corner of the world.

I know the first flower of spring is there under the snow.

It gives me hope.


The morning after the snow there were the buds ready to bloom.

But the temperature was in the single digits

 and it was too cold for them to open in the pale sunlight.

Crocus only open to the warmth of the sun and they close up at night. 


Today is a gray day so the buds are half open.

I rejoice in the flowers of spring no matter what the day will bring.


Since it is Thursday, I am sharing with my friends at

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

who will know what I mean. 


Happy Thursday! 


5 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Does it seem like the early spring flowers are very late this year? A day or two warm, then really cold for a week or more.

PaintedThread said...

Yay for crocuses! We have a little patch of purple in our yard - I'm looking for more to come out soon!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is always so exciting to see the first signs of spring. Have a wonderful weekend.

Linda said...

Love the crocus, it does give one hope. As much as I love fall and winter, now I can't wait until spring!

piecefulwendy said...

Such a treat to see the crocus popping through! I love the deep purple colors.