Friday, March 25, 2022

Crochet Progress ~ Sampler Setting Strip One

 


Here is my first setting strip for my

 Squares Sampler Crochet Afghan

I made this strip following these free pattern instructions: 

Modern Dash Crochet Baby Blanket @ Daisy Farm Crafts

This stitch pattern is what they call a


Wide Half Double Crochet (WHDC) Cluster.

It is not a pattern stitch I recall ever seeing or hooking before

but I really like the soft thick texture and the fact it is double sided.


Here is a close up of the stitch details in my gray and pink yarn.

The written instructions are in the link above and there is also good video tutorial to make this stitch:

Modern Dash Stitch Video Tutorial @ Daisy Farm Crafts


I used the swatch width to make my setting strip 

and made my length the same as my large sampler square blocks. 


I have found another nice pattern based on this WHDC cluster in the  

Baby Crochet Blanket Patterns @ Daisy Farm Crafts

and am working on my next setting strip. 

I love the patterns on this site.


May you have a happy weekend of sewing, stitching, crocheting

or whatever is your happy place. 

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Your afghan is going to be spectacular!