Sunday, March 6, 2022

Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Cable Crochet

Sunday's  Slow Progress

Slow Stitching my Cable Crochet Block

Slow Painting the bedroom walls. 

Here is a sneak peek at the new color on the walls. 

Mr. Scrapatch has done most of the painting for me.

I am finding the silver gray quite restful of my eyes.


I have the twist for the cables figured out for the

Pattern 9 ~ Cable Stitch Square @ The Inspired Wren

It is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

The trick for me is keeping a good count of my stitches and rows. 


I have four twists done on my block.

This is the front of the two-sided block.

There are two cables on the back.

I am happy with this slow and steady progress. 

Linking up today with 


 

I hope your weekend has been a happy one.


5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The cable stitch is a pretty one. The soft gray looks very nice. I painted my living room soft gray last summer too. Happy stitching!

CathieJ said...

This is such a pretty crochet pattern. I have done crochet cables in the past and I agree that the counting is very important. I love a grey for a wall color. I regret that I painted my bedroom blue instead of a neutral grey.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my that is beautiful! It looks very challenging!

Linda said...

Love that color on your walls! I've been in love with grays for the house since 2016. I agree it is restful on the eyes. Congratulations on finding the trick to do the twist. I have a LOT of trouble keeping count on crochet. Maybe I should turn off the TV - lol!

Dorian said...

That's looking really good Pat! So pretty, especially next to your lovely new paint. Have a great day.