Thursday, March 3, 2022

I Like Thursday # 126 ~ Crochet is My Happy Place

 


Welcome to my happy place for

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

I am working on block 17 of 20 for my 

 Squares Sampler Afghan ~ Started Here



This is the two sided block which I will be making.

Pattern 9 ~ Cable Stitch Square @ The Inspired Wren

There is an option for a one sided block.

I really want to make the more challenging block.

Someday I would love to make the 

Cable Throw by Michele Maks

which inspired this block.

When I was in my twenties I aspired to knit a cable sweater in an 

Aran Isles Pattern Sweater

I love this type of sweater though I have never owned one.

Alas, my knitting skills never reached the level to make this pattern. 

I did consider making a crochet version at that tome, but it never happened.

Knitting anything is much too challenging for my eye sight and hands these days.

So I shall be quite content if I first make this block for my current project

 and then maybe attempt a Cable Crochet Throw Blanket like the one linked above or this 

Aran Isle Throw

by the same designer, Michele Maks

I think this is a reasonable goal for me.

My kitties were my helpers while I sipped my morning coffee.

Katniss does seem to be more interested in the birds flocking to the feeders

outside our door. It is partly sunny but cold and breezy today.

There has even been a few flakes falling.

Nutmeg looks to be asking for a snack.


Kitty may have been disappointed with my choice of mid-morning snack.

Veggies and hummus is not on her list of preferred human treats.

This is my new favorite hummus:

Ithaca Hummus

I took the Flavor Quiz 

It comes as no surprise that I got: 

YOUR FLAVOR MATCH IS LEMON BEET

Earthy Advocate

The health of our planet is important to you. You like to grow or source vegetables yourself when time permits. You enjoy trying new things and supporting local causes. Your friends look to you for advice and appreciate your good taste.

I do think their Lemon Beet is the Best Hummus Ever!

Will you take a hummus flavor quiz?

Lunch was some of this 

Chickpea Salad Recipe

This recipe is very adaptable.

I had no avocado and would only have added it if it were going to be eaten the same day.  This went into the fridge and Mr. Scrapatch has taken it to go with his lunch this week, too.


I also did not add cilantro.  I used basil and parsley instead and added celery seed and Zaatar and scooped it up with home made crusty bread.  I love complex flavors. I would have added thinly sliced radishes if I had them. 

I have made this off and on for years since I was a vegetarian in my 20s.

I have always served meat free meals once or twice a week to my family

Do you add meat free meals to your week?


I hope you have had a Happy Thursday! 


3 comments:

Linda said...

Your crochet stitches are so pretty, and it shows that crochet is your "happy place". I had aspirations to make that same kind of sweater years ago but I've never actually made a crocheted garment, only scarves and afghans. Your kitties are so sweet.
Are you still a vegetarian? That chickpea salad is one love, although I use Italian dressing in mine. I do like the occasional meat-free meal and would eat far less meat if I was on my own (which I don't want to be!) I took that quiz and turns out I am a kalamata olive hummus person - yum!

Susie H said...

Grabbed that Chickpea Salad Recipe. Will be a great "something different" meal during Lent! I took the Hummus Quiz and got Fiery Adventurer -- Smoked Chipotle. I think I would love that flavor too! Your crocheting looks challenging enough. Always nice to have something in your lap to work on!

PaintedThread said...

I have several chickpea recipes that I like to make for dinner. I've had to stay away from beans for the last year or two, which bummed me out. Looking forward to cook with them again. That salad looks delicious.

Enjoy your crocheting!