Sunday, March 20, 2022

Slow Stitching Sunday ~ More Crochet Squares

 


This is the layout idea for my 

20 Plus Crochet Squares Sampler

After making for of these cute 5 inch blocks from the

Granny Flower Granny Square Free Pattern @ Lullaby Lodge


I had these four blocks made with the small balls of yarn left from my 12" blocks.


These blocks look relatively square and the same size,
I still pinned them to my blocking board and sprayed them with water.
The uniform sides and sharp corners will be much better for joining later.


My crochet kitty inspector has approved this plan.
We will use the light gray yarn to add any borders 
needed to fill in the gaps to fit these blocks together 
and we will be adding a gray outer border to the afghan.


Since this is a sampler quilt, we will be using other granny squares patterns
 to make more 5 inch blocks to add to out setting layout.
This is the second small block pattern.
I will post the free pattern links tomorrow.



Linking up today with 


What have you been stitching this weekend? 

5 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You are using such pretty fibers, Pat. I look forward to seeing how the blocks come together. Such a sweet inspector working for you too. Have a great week.

Dorian said...

That's going to be so pretty Pat :)

Jayne Honnold said...

Looks great! I admire crochet, but never learned how - I will be eager to see how the sampler finishes! Never thought about the scraps of yarn to be used; I sure do have scrap issues with quilting fabric, though!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is so pretty! The granny squares really add sparkles of joy, happy crocheting!

Miaismine said...

Such pretty little squares! Your color choices are indeed soft and lovely.